We are on the lookout for a brilliant Trainee, Cloud Edge to join our stellar team at Nokia in Espoo.
Growing your career as a Full Time Trainee, Cloud Edge is a great opportunity to develop competitive skills.
If you are strong in communication, leadership and have the right mindset for the job, then apply for the position of Trainee, Cloud Edge at Nokia today!
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
About Nokia Cloud & Network Services
Cloud and Network Services is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. It is a newly formed business group, that includes most of the former Nokia Software business, Nokia’s enterprise solutions, core network solutions including both voice and packet core, and managed and advanced services from its former Global Services unit. This unit will also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. Cloud and Network Services (CNS) will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
The Digital Automation organization as a part of Nokia Enterprise Solution unit creates cutting-edge solutions for plug & play private industrial wireless, emerging cellular networks and add-on applications for private enterprises and the public sector. In daily life we strive to utilize evolving software technology stacks to improve our development practices.
We are now looking for a trainee to develop our cloud-based edge solution. The cloud-based edge solution is built on modern technologies like Linux, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery, Container based SaaS platform, etc. Your work will focus on validating core edge (consisting of LTE/5G/Wi-Fi core network components), access points and their interaction. Further duties are possible depending on previous experience, competence ramp-up speed and your overall potential. In this opportunity, only the sky is the limit.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Setting up test environments in the lab (handheld devices, access points, network connectivity, cloud edge configuration, and related automation duties)
- Support test design and validate software and hardware components of the edge solution
- Document test arrangements and test results
- Proactive interaction with colleagues
- A few years’ worth of engineering studies in telecommunications, information technology, computer science or in a related discipline
- Hands-on IT skills inc. command-line interfaces, shell scripts, network monitoring tools, etc.
- Practical operating skills of Linux environment
- Knowledge of SW development lifecycle: design, implementation, integration, testing, troubleshooting
- Basic SW development skills (e.g. scripting languages, Python)
- Beneficial: previous experience of modern environments and tools such as Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, CI/CD pipeline, etc.
- Beneficial: knowledge of wireless communication systems based on 802.11 / Wi-Fi technology
- Beneficial: knowledge and practical experience of Confluence, Jira, and Git source code version control system
- Ability to adapt to and work in international teams
- Good English skills in speaking, reading, and writing
- Proactiveness with hands-on get-it-done attitude
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
Benefits of working as a Trainee, Cloud Edge in Espoo:
● Excellent benefits
● Opportunities to grow
● Attractive package