The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
The business development engineer will be responsible for building and running a business development programme in the domain of nanotechnology and nanoscience with the final aim to deliver a commercial development plan for the nanotechnology domain, including a marketing plan. This work is undertaken in the context of the following projects: NFFA-Europe Pilot (NEP) and NanoMECommons (NMC) two flagship initiatives funded by the EC under the H2020 framework.
In the context of NFFA, he / she will ensure the promotion of the technical solutions offered by the Consortium towards the industrial community with the objective to better engage with private companies and increase their access to the facilities offered. In this highly collaborative context, he / she will also provide support to the various partners in the Consortium with their promotional activities.
In the context of NMC he / she will ensure the valorisation and promotion of the technical solutions offered by the ESRF in the domain of nanomechanics, to identify the needs of the industrial targets, to define the market positioning and to maintain and develop the industrial activities of the project.
As the driving force of the project, he / she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- At the end of the contract, deliver a commercial development plan for the nanotechnology domain, including a marketing plan.
- Promote the NEP offer in the industrial community and support the marketing activities of the different partners of NEP;
- Contribute to the production of original marketing support material.
- In conjunction with the partners of NMC, the candidate will contribute to the exploitation of the instruments developed by the ESRF during the project and other relevant instruments for the target community.
- Identify, build and develop high potential industrial relationships in the short and medium term, with the industrial partners in NMC.
- Organise meetings and visits of customers and industrial partners to member facilities of the programme.
- Plan, promote and organise events, training workshops and participate in trade fairs and conferences in the domain of nanotechnology and related fields.
- Occasional reporting activity.
The candidate will be recruited in the Business Development Office (BDO) of the ESRF and will act full time on the NEP and NMC projects, supporting transversally the actions of all partners where needed.