Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Controller
Base: 4/5 Lincoln Place, Dublin 2,D02 XR68, Ireland / Hybrid working
Contract type: Full-time (35 hour week)/ permanent
Closing date: 8th February 2023
About the ICGP
The Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) is the professional body for general practice in Ireland. The ICGP provides education for general practitioners ensuring the highest standards of patient care. The College also advocates on behalf of both GPs and patients, central to shaping the future of general practice.
Continuing professional development is a requirement for all doctors. The ICGP supports general practitioners to practice evidence-based medicine to the highest possible standard, through the delivery of GP training programmes, educational courses, clinical guidelines, and research.
The College is the postgraduate training body (PGTB) responsible for delivery and governance of general practice training as accredited by the Medical Council
The College has over 4,200 members and associates and currently delivers training in general practice for over 932 doctors.
Due to the growth of the ICGP, there is now a need to appoint a Finance Accountant to assist with the management of all aspects of financial accounting.This post is ideal for anyone seeking to enhance their career in a dynamic, progressive educational environment. In addition, the successful candidate will supervise the Finance Administrative Team.
Key result areas
- Prepare monthly management accounts with reconciliation to budgets, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Review management accounts with all Department Heads and report to SLT monthly.
- Prepare and post of journal e.g. for accruals, prepayments, allocations, correcting entries etc.
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasting. Proactively prepare monthly reports thereafter.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement changes to increase efficiency, streamline workflows and controls, and continually identify opportunities for automation.
- Assist with the external audit process. Liaising with external auditors and resolving queries in a timely fashion.
- Provide expert support with the delivery of the annual financial statements.
- Assist with Risk Management, Corporate Governance and Compliance – PAYE, VAT, CRA, RBO and CRO as required.
- Assist other members of the Finance team and SLT members as required, on numerous financial projects including the enhancement of our financial processing systems, the financial statement audit and process improvements.
- Supervise the three Financial administrators and proactively assist the Financial Controller in all aspects enhancing the team performance in keeping with the overall ICGP Strategy.
Qualifications & experience
- ACA/FCA/ ACCA / CIMA qualified with at least 5 years PQE.
- Extensive accounts preparation experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ensuring minimal ambiguity and clear direction in a manner suiting a varied, highly qualified, professional audience.
- Must have experience with supervising and directing small financial teams.
- Must be reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required standards or higher.
- Must be resilient, self-directed, energised and proactive.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to company standards.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The following additional competencies would be advantageous
- High level of competency in effective presentation of complex data, and in particular financial data, to non-specialist audience.
- Be ambitious and have had experience in working with ‘state of the art’ financial systems in a similar environment.
Applications, by means of aCVandcover letter(1 page) stating why you believe you are suitable for this position, should be addressed to Beccy Cameron, HR Director (Interim) and uploaded via the link.
General queries can be addressed in the first instance to Human Resources – email:email@example.com