The IB is a leading global not-for-profit educational organization that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19. Our education programs encourage students to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged world citizens and we are currently seeking Business Analysts to join our existing team, and primarily, but not exclusively, work on our new exciting project: Project Aurora.
Project Aurora is a large, complex multi-faceted programme of work which will completely redesign and replace the organisation's most critical business system (IBIS), as well as ensuring the safe extraction of non-assessment functionality into other systems.
We are seeking the best talent with the required expertise and technical skills as well as the behavioural qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector. The IB will offer you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment.
As a team, Enterprise Project Management Office provides the experience and expertise to deliver an end to end professional project management service. Our Business Analysts work across the IBO, providing support for projects and change initiatives, helping the business to
* Understand current state/baseline – encouraging clear, efficient, standard, documented and repeatable business processes
* Facilitate thinking, workshops, questioning and informed decision making
* Complete analysis and provide evidence based recommendations
* Link with and have relationships with all areas of the organisation
* Seek opportunities to improve, increase efficiency, reduce waste
* Define goals, scope and requirements
* Gathering and analysis of facts, figures and business artefacts
* Requirements definition and management
* Facilitating meetings and workshops
* Stakeholder analysis and management
* Leading and coordinating impact assessments
* Working closely with and supporting Product Owners, including creation of user stories and backlog management
* Support of UAT activities, including preparations, planning, supporting Product Owners, ensuring “definition of done” can be converted into test scenarios, coordination and reporting.
* Collaboration and joint working with vendors
* Process mapping and rework
* Assisting with adoption planning activities, including communication/training plans
* Production of, or support for a variety of project lifecycle related documentation
* Involvement in vendor/product selection activities
* Completed BCS BA Diploma or IIBA Core Business Analysis certification (CCBA minimum)
* Demonstrable experience of working in a Business Analyst role
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrable understanding of key business analysis concepts and methods
* A strong and articulate communicator,
* Ability to work with both technical and business requirements in solving problems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral, including confidence to lead/present within workshops and strong negotiation skill)
* Application of attention to detail and quality assurance of own work
* Highly self-motivated, with ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to agreed deadlines
* Facilitation of requirements gathering, elaboration and playback workshops
* Understand, document and define “As-Is” and “To-Be” business operations / processes (in conjunction with a Business Process Analyst if available).
* Experience of the full requirements management lifecycle under a variety of frameworks (Agile/Waterfall)
* Experience of using delivery team collaboration tools such as Azure DevOps (TFS)
* Experience of performing detailed Impact Assessments to provide a thorough picture of a situation and enable decision making
* End to end experience of software development lifecycles – including in an agile framework
* Full proficiency in the use of Microsoft 365, Visio, strong Excel data analysis skills
* Flexible approach to working within a global team regardless of location
* Willing and able to take on other tasks and responsibilities broadly aligned to the BA role and skills
* Experience or certification in Prosci™ Change Management/ADKAR
* Certification in Lean Six Sigma (any belt)
* Project management experience or certification is a plus
* Knowledge/experience working with Sparx Enterprise Architect, Oracle Cloud Service, Salesforce, Oracle Cloud Services and Power BI
* Knowledge of the IB, IB Programmes or being an IB Alumnus is a plus.
Business Analyst for integration workstream
One of the newly appointed Business Analyst will be assigned to the integrations/gateway workstream. This workstream is responsible for working with business owners and approximately 10 vendors to finalise requirements, review APIs and oversee work to connect and test almost 100 interfaces (e.g. ecoursework, eAssessment, certificate printing) to the new Assessment Operating System.
As well as the above the successful candidate will also need to be comfortable and able to engage with an API spec and mapping documents , the ability to understand how specific systems and modules sit within the full solution/end to end data journey and highlight potential conflicts and impacts and have experience of working with multiple vendors.
Business Analyst for data migration
Another of the successful candidates will be assigned to the Data Migration workstream. This Business Analyst will work very closely with the business SMEs, Data Architect, IT Security and other key stakeholders to analyse and understand business and retention requirements and be actively involved in all aspects of planning and migration.
As well as the above the successful candidate would also be looking for someone who is, comfortable/able to analyse, interpret and work with large/complex data sets, be able to facilitate discussions with business stakeholders to understand how data is used and required operational and historical/retention purposes and also be able to demonstrate a working understanding of data mapping and ETL.
These roles will be remote working until August 2021. 18 months Fixed Term Contract.