Whitehall Resources are currently looking for a Java Engineer to work remotely for an initial 12 Month Contract.
**IR35 DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS ROLE**
Transforming our business is all about liberating data. And being able to mobilize data as it happens, in the form of events, is a great thing. That is exactly what is happening across the system landscape. We, the Event Messaging team, believe that decoupled architecture is the key to building resilient systems. While hybrid multi-Cloud is the reality of our technology landscape today - operating across 4 Public Cloud providers, our On-premise Data Centers and our 378 stores globally, has its own complexities and cost optimization challenges.
We, the team, are focused on how to make distribution, discovery and cataloging of Events across this landscape seamless and easy. Simplicity is in our value. And we want to achieve that for the many engineering teams – for which we - “the few” - need to take on the complex problems, so that others do what they do best, deliver value to the business
The scope of the consultant services is to assist in
- Implementation, rollout and optimization of “core" cloud agnostic distributed eventing network using Mesh architecture across Google Cloud, Azure, Alibaba, Openshift – extending to the edges (IKEA Stores and Warehouses), all accessible via self-service paradigms.
- Design and develop Event publisher and subscriber workflows, libraries and tooling - driven by AsyncAPI specification supporting popular programming languages like Nodejs, Python, Java etc.
- Develop, integrate and enable organization-wide discovery and cataloging of events in the Event Portal while drawing connections to our Data Catalog and emerging enterprise developer portals.
- Service metrics and dashboarding of KPIs like cost, consumption etc. across all the above 3 capability segments
Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc
- You have deep expertise in designing, build and implementing distributed cloud native applications taking security, resilience and availability factors into consideration. Full production lifecycle experience is a must
- You are an expert hands-on full stack developer (preferably backend) who has years of implementation experience in building large scale Event-driven and API-first cloud native microservices using any of your favorite - We love building apps on Google Cloud, if you do too, great! If not, does not matter. As long as you can deeply debate whether the team should go Serverless/FaaS or PaaS, we are game
- You have experience with Cloud provider database technologies both SQL and No-SQL
What 3 things are most important?
- Hands-on Cloud native backend app development using Microservices architecture with Event-driven and API-first paradigm
- Experience in Google Cloud
- Ability to learn and lead
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.
Whitehall Resources are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.