BARROW OR FILTON
£47.96 PAYE (inclusive of holiday) / £53.81 per hour umbrella
The successful candidates will develop and enact the systems engineering activities in the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme. They will also:
* Undertake Requirements Management, V&V, Process Development and Configuration Management.
* Undertake Systems Modelling in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines.
* Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to mature systems and system supporting documentation.
* Support the development of Requirements & Acceptance Management Plans and the supporting governance and assurance framework.
* Maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
* Development of requirements engineering approach and execution of requirements activities with limited supervision.
* Engaging with customers and stakeholders on specific technical matters.
* Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives.
* Supporting requirements elicitation, development and compliance management.
* Development of structured arguments for the satisfaction of requirements.
* Development and enactment of key requirements and acceptance focused management plans.
* Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
* Plans and structures own work under direction of project leadership.
* Delivery and progress reporting to senior technical and project staff.
* Escalates significant problems and issues encountered with senior staff.
* Supporting other systems and subsystems teams as a Subject Matter Expert on requirements engineering.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
* Degree qualified in relevant STEM subject or demonstrable experience of working as a systems engineer in large projects.
* Experience of Requirements Engineering tools and techniques.
* Experience in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems.
* Awareness and experience of requirements lifecycle, from initial elicitation through to acceptance.
* Requirements derivation, verification and validation experience.
* Configuration management experience.
* Experience of using and ideally administering the DOORs toolset.
* Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
* Experience and knowledge in the development and decomposition of requirements from system level down to supplier specifications.
* Awareness of relevant systems engineering standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.