Job Title: Patient Administrator FTC - 12 months
Location: University College London Hospital
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience
Hours: 36 hour per week (see below)
InHealth sees more than 3 million patients each year and diagnostic imaging is one of the busiest services that we provide. Our fully integrated imaging services offer increased capacity for NHS trusts and convenient, fast access to services for patients.
We are recruiting for a Patient Administrator to join our busy Radiography department at University College Hospital London.
This role is working 36 hours per week on a rota shift pattern basis from Monday to Sunday.
What are the key role responsibilities?
* Providing a high quality administrative and secretarial service for the unit to ensure an efficient service
* Welcoming patients in a professional, courteous manner, coordinating their arrival through to departure
* Dealing with telephone and direct enquiries in a prompt and effective manner, ensuring the provision of information and prioritisation of queries as appropriate
* Booking clinically validated appointments on the internal system
* Ensuring all payments are invoiced promptly and accurately and that payments are taken on the day
* Utilising relevant IT systems to support the delivery of a high-quality Imaging Service
* Ensuring patient and customer focus is central to the commercial success of the Business
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
* Experience in a similar patient facing, healthcare or administrative role
* Flexibility in working patterns to fulfil site requirements
* Ability to prioritise tasks whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
* Effective communication skills both on the phone and face to face
What can we offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: travel, eating out, technology, fashion, leisure and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
* Private medical insurance
* 27 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
* Company pension scheme
* Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
* Life assurance
* and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway.