Senior Electrical Engineer
If you are currently considering your career options and are a commercially minded Electrical Engineer (ideally a Chartered Electrical Engineer, working towards this, or comparatively experienced), we want to talk to you!
As a result of our success, we are thriving in all business areas and have exciting plans for 2021 and beyond. Projective has an immediate requirement for an experienced Electrical Engineer with Design experience in an industrial environment.
As part of our integrated services, you will be working on complex industrial sites, designing, and delivering electrical projects with large-scale manufacturing clients globally. A significant volume of this work will be integrating the latest new technology for low and zero carbon solutions into these established facilities.
This is a design and management role, and the work will require significant engineering design, reporting, and technical presentation skills
The ideal applicant will have experience in designing electrical systems for process manufacturing environments including medium & low voltage distribution, motor control centers, control panels, and integrating onsite generation technologies such as CHP, Batteries, and Renewables.
Essential Skills and interests:
• Experience in designing solutions - Ability to design, plan and deliver projects from 33kV through to 400V – ideally using Amtech where appropriate.
• Ability to undertake protection studies, arc flash, and discrimination studies.
• Knowledge of grid connection regulations including G99 and G100 in the UK
• Project management – scope, time, and cost management of full cycle of projects
• Knowledge of industrial power systems and regulations
• Energy metering including power quality, harmonic filtering, and power factor correction.
• Previous high-quality preparation of technical documents including writing and producing presentations and reports.
• Knowledge of and proven appreciation/passion for energy-saving strategies.
• Industrial Instrumentation including but not limited to flow, temperature and pressure.
• Solutions oriented with a flexible 'can-do' approach to work.
• Keen to broaden, update and acquire new skills.
• Knowledge of PLC and control systems would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
• City and Guilds 2382-15 18th Edition
• Minimum of HNC in electrical engineering
• Resident in the UK
• Current driving licence and access to a car
Relevant qualifications should be demonstrated on your application along with main areas of interest for future development.
What is in it for you?
• Opportunity to show and deepen your existing experience with a diverse, client-led workload including some notable high-profile international companies.
• Opportunity to take responsibility for project delivery.
• International travel and exposure to multiple cultures
• Part of a dedicated, loyal, and highly skilled team where you are appreciated and given recognition.
• Friendly and professional company that has high values and wants to ensure your career success.
• Membership to professional institute paid for, with exposure and training to support career development.
• Competitive salary and benefits including a bonus based on company success
Who are Projective Ltd?
Projective Ltd is an innovative, fast-growing process and engineering consultancy, specialising in utilities and process engineering projects. We deliver consultancy, engineering design, and project delivery services. Our customers range from large blue-chip companies to SME’s in the UK and overseas. Projective works with the latest technologies and groundbreaking designs to bring sustainable utilities and process solutions to our customers.
We are based in Fleet, Hampshire, which is 40 minutes from London, borders the counties of Berkshire and Surrey, and is on the mainline train route from London Waterloo.
The role is based at our UK offices, with the requirement to travel to client sites both UK and overseas. Applicants are expected to show existing eligibility to work in the UK and have access to their own transport.
Agencies – We are sorry, but we do not accept an unsolicited engagement with agencies.
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' now.
'Electrical Engineer', 'Controls Engineer', Engineer, 'Senior Electrical Engineer'