If you like working with people, children and families while creating better lives for them- we can offer a worthwhile job. It could also turn into a rewarding career.
Would you like you support all children and young people to enjoy their childhood and reach their full potential?
We are looking for an experienced frontline Social Worker (SW) to join the Children Protection team (CP) in South Yorkshire. This is a Locum Social Work role and we need your CP expertise to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
The ideal candidate for the social work position will have 2 years minimum experience. Suitable Candidates will have QSW frontline experience and Court work experience as a requirement as well as extensive knowledge of legislation and CP work being key to success in this role. By default social workers are incredible people - committing to a highly challenging career in order to help the most vulnerable amongst us.
Social care for children and families provides help to families to enable them to meet the needs of their children. It can give support to families and more specialist help when it is required. This is so children are able to be brought up and cared for within their own families.
The following services are available:
* Protecting children is a key responsibility that relies on working in partnership with children, parents and other organisations.
* Providing care for children who (for whatever reason) cannot be cared for by their own families. For example, finding them foster carers or a community home.
* Assessing the needs of disabled children and young people. Co-ordinating short breaks, day care and outreach support.
* Offering help and advice to families and carrying out work with young people who have committed crime.
Benefits for you as a CP Social Worker:
To put children at the centre of our social work practice we need the very best, experienced social workers. We will put you in an environment where you can succeed by:
* being part of a genuinely supportive team - we care and it really shows
* having Direct access to senior management
* providing great opportunities to progress in your career -Agency staff usually stay long term
* offering generous and flexible work packages
* seeking out innovation and best practice at every opportunity
* being part of an incredible city
* having Manageable caseloads for every Social Worker
SW- up to 35P/H DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Children's social workers across the country are handling a record number of cases. More than 74,000 children in Yorkshire and the Humber alone receiving their vital help and support in the last year. In a unique two year campaign, all 15 councils across Yorkshire and the Humber have united together. This is to make sure those standards of care will continue to improve for the most vulnerable local children. Under the banner "Children’s Social Work Matters", the campaign aims to attract new social workers to the country’s biggest region. It also aims to raise industry standards for people already in the job.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to this role, please send you CV to M.Murphy@nonstop-recruitment.com, asap as shortlisting has already begun.
If this role is not quite right for you but you would like to have a conversation about other roles, please search and connect with me, Michelle Murphy, on LinkedIn.
We offer opportunities covering a wide range of jobs and careers in all related social work and social care fields. We employ social workers, care workers and support staff in various capacities. Our staff work with either children, young people and their families or adults.
We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We're passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to pop over to our website, NonStop Consulting, for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.