A newly created role for a Longevity specialist to help shape the strategy for a leading FTSE100 firm for longevity risk. You will be an expert in the field, have strong commercial and leadership skills, setting assumptions across a range of products including annuities, protection and equity release mortgages.
* Qualified Actuary with longevity expertise
* People management experience and strong leadership skills
* Strong communication and influencing skills
* Previous project experience, driving complex change
* Own the Group strategy for longevity risk.
* Set the strategy for longevity risk selection and implement this to ensure superior risk selection in competitive marketplaces.
* Lead the setting and development of longevity assumptions and approaches deployed across the business. This will be across bulk purchase annuities, individual annuities, protection products and equity release mortgages.
* Develop medical longevity models to ensure that the impact that medical conditions have on longevity is well understood, considering best practise.
* Own / Oversee the setting of the best estimate assumptions and valuation methodologies
* Own the capital models and calibrations for Longevity Risk, ensuring that Internal Model standards are adhered to for all deliverables.
* To lead on all governance and on regulatory engagement for Longevity Risk
* Work closely with the Head of Underwriting Development to ensure that longevity assumptions can be deployed into market pricing.
* Ensure that strategies are in place and executed upon to manage the longevity risk that the business holds on its balance sheet.
* To build and maintain effective relationships across business understand stakeholder interests and ensuring outputs from the actuarial function remain up-to-date, relevant, and effective.
* To manage a dedicated team and keep the structure and skills of the team under constant review to ensure we can meet the needs of all stakeholders.
* A highly competitive salary
* Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 15256
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.