An exciting new opportunity for an experienced Actuary to join a growing team in a leading financial services business. You will be part of a newly created team to support Actuarial Reporting and Change initiatives in the business. You will lead on readiness activity across the E2E actuarial reporting process, covering systems delivery and balance sheet impacts. As a Senior Project Actuary, you will ideally have more than 5 years post qualified experience within Actuarial Reporting and Change interaction and be comfortable in a leadership role.
* Experienced qualified actuary with more than 5 years post-qualified experience and a strong track record of delivery in a commercial environment.
* An ability to build strong relationships and drive action through influence and leadership across boundaries, combined with experience and ability to influence and communicate effectively with executives at the business leadership level, as well as with SMEs across the business.
* Knowledge of how new savings and retirement products are developed and the key actuarial considerations for a life insurer's balance sheet is highly desirable, as is an understanding of how actuarial models, accounting systems and data infrastructure interact.
* As a Senior Leader in the business, development of the team is also critical, therefore experience leading teams and individuals - both directly and in matrix environments - while also helping them develop to achieve their potential is also very important for this role.
* Experience of working in actuarial change delivery
* Keen to learn quickly in a changing environment, knowledge of financial reporting metrics, including SII and IFRS
* As a Senior Project Actuary, you will lead on the Actuarial Reporting and Change interaction with growth projects, including new product launches and enhancements to existing propositions.
* You will provide Finance support to proposition development and lead on readiness activity across the E2E actuarial reporting process, covering systems delivery and balance sheet impacts.
* You will take a prominent leadership role, building and leading project teams to meet the demands of individual projects.
* Working closely with senior stakeholders, you will play a key role in supporting strategic objectives to achieve significant organic growth.
* As a senior project actuary, you will also lead other internal and external project actuaries and analysts and support the development of aligned internal colleagues.
* You will also support other strategic change projects at times depending on prevailing priorities and will act as a business lead on various projects.
* Joining a new team, you will have the opportunity to help shape how it operates and interacts and will manage and support the development of actuarial team members.
* A highly competitive salary
* Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 15214
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we’re advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.